Pet Ownership in Sitka
You May Be The Perfect Dog Owner
It takes a lot to be a good dog owner.
If you don't know how perfect a dog owner you are, read about some of the "perfect dog owner indicators" below, and judge for yourself!
You may be the perfect dog owner if you..
- think chewing on books and furniture is a sign of intelligence
- think 15 years of caring for a pet does not seem like a lifetime
- don't mind sharing your house with someone who sheds, tracks dirt occasionally, and possibly drools
- look forward to big wet kisses when you come home each day
- don't mind sharing your house with someone who will never clean up after themselves
- want to take care of someone every day
- don't mind a playmate who likes to chase balls and drag off shoes
- would like to spend your extra money on pet food, toys, veterinarian care, chew bones, and more chew bones
- can't imagine leaving your devoted pet behind when you move
- want to keep a noisy ID tag on your roommate so he can get back to you when he gets away from you
- enjoy unconditional love and constant companionship, even if you just want some time alone
You May Be The Purrfect Cat Owner
Maybe its you!
Some may think a cat is independent and doesn't really need much care, that's just not true.
Here are some indications you may be the perfect cat owner, you decide.
You may be the perfect cat owner if you. .
- think scratching everything within reach is a sign of intelligence
- look forward to having your ankles rubbed by an affectionate, hairy animal after each shower
- don't mind sharing your house with someone who sheds, tracks kitty litter and throws up hairball's
- don't mind a housemates who will randomly and regularly entertain you with outrageous and silly antics
- look forward to having an opinionated and selfish roommate
- want to take care of someone every day, and never get a thank-you
- want your lap warmed whenever you sit down (at their whim, not yours)
- would like to spend your extra money on pet food, toys, veterinary car, kitty litter, and more kitty litter
- want to be welcomed with a soft purr of appreciation
- cant imagine leaving your devoted pet behind when you move
- want to keep your loving companion inside at all times, because they don't realize the dangers outside
- enjoy unconditional love and constant companionship
Sitka Animal Shelter: (907) 747-3567